Tuesday 15 October 2013

Cheltenham Fashion Week Launch


I have recently been experiencing the Curse of The Blogger. Not quite as reader-deadly as Writer's Block nor quite as career-numbing as the dreaded Website Crash. But still, my blogging has been dogged by the *whispered* Temperamental Camera. Yes, both the bridge, SLR and even my trusty Blackberry (I really must jump ship and head on over to iPhone) have let me down this last week. From restaurant reviews to Ellie Goulding gigs (I saw her before her Julian Macdonald dress hit front pages), my point 'n' shoot has been playing me up just like an errant boyfriend.

Regardless, I took my untrustworthy sidekick to last night's launch of my wonderful friend, Sam Bawden's Cheltenham Fashion Week. Ever hopeful,  I went for moral support, the excuse to give her a huge hug and to take some great snaps for Stilettos in the Sticks... 

The fantastic Sam Bawden - check out her Phonebook Interview with me here

Regardless of the lack of pictorial evidence, last night's welcome-to-the-2014-Gloucestershire-fashion-scene was a fabulous taster of what's in store. The event, which will run from the 2nd to the 7th December, will be a mix of student fashion shows, tutorials, speeches, excuses to shop, cocktails at Cowley Manor, burlesque frivolity at 'Undress to Impress' all rounded off by an uber glamourous CFW's Fashion's Night Out. Tickets are already on sale so stiletto-trot your way on over to their website here and nab your front row seats here. And follow them on Twitter: @cheltfashionwk


Having been frog marched straight to the delightful Shack Bar boys, I was forced  offered a gorgeous Chase cocktail which was staunchly called a 'Summer's Breeze' and studiously made us all ignore the distinctly wintery weather outside. It was great to catch up with known faces and some new friends, especially Brooke of This Cotswold Girl, a fabulous local blogger and writer. 

Speeches were made, thanks were given and everyone gossiped about transitional wardrobes and frivolous fashions. We also heard about the exceptional charities CFW are supporting this year; Hop, Skip and Jump and The British Legion. Please do take time to have a look at their websites and support these extraordinary causes. 
Fashion can be inspiring, but these charities are inspirational.







Here's last year's CFW to whet your palette...



And this is something which sums up Sam and her great team...


...Good luck with your incredible event, Sam. I know it's going to be a huge success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment