Saturday 28 July 2012

Olympic Awe



"The isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again. And then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked
I cried to dream again."
Caliban, The Tempest







Excitement took over...



Undoubtedly you're all still reeling from the incredible opening ceremony. Be honest, how many times did you come over all glassy-eyed? What was your favourite bit? 
I adored it all – from HM The Queen saying "Good Evening Mr Bond" to Daniel Craig (you got seriously lucky with that Bond, Ma'am) to the Child Catcher scarily prowling the stadium; from the Arctic Monkey's cover of Come Together to the fireworks which left me breathless, it was all just incredible. And The Olympic Torch was unbelievable; so beautiful.  
Before we've even run a race, picked up an oar or dipped a toe in the pool, we should all be very proud. Mr Danny Boyle and your team, congratulations, you've just written history. X 

No comments:

Post a Comment