Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow Not So Angels

Waking up to a winter wonderland still gives us all that Christmas morning feeling – I don't care how cool you are or how often you hit the slopes in Val. 
Yesterdays main mission – other than trying to dig the car out to try and get to the office – was finding a decent location and more importantly, a decent sledge to fly over the white hills. Location was easy but the improvised place mat/plastic bag sledge was a bit of a non-starter. Literally. 
Fortunately the local children were on hand and, I presume, had been good last year and had sledges from Santa. Although I had thought that I may have to mug them for a go, they were actually very sweet (read monosyllabic pre-pubescents) and readily let me mount the steed and whizz off in a flurry of snow flakes. I returned breathless and thrilled with my mascara streaming down my face and a desperate wish that there was a pub in the village. 
Today was more about manning the camera. 
So roll on those thermals, pull on those boots, don that super saucy beanie hat and come with me for a ramble in the snow.







My housemate, Shelle - check out her blog: My Boiled Egg & Soldiers









Credit where credit's due: Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment