Saturday 18 February 2012

All the Small Things

When you're wrapped up in the troubles of the day-to-day; stressed about the deadline or the 
mid-twenties-crisis of "What-am-I-doing-with-my-life?", it's very easy to forsake the little things which make everything OK.
From that little memory that causes a smile, to an actual gentleman holding the door for you (these were distinctly lacking at the Chieveley Services on the M4 last night), it's these things that we must be aware of and thankful for. 
There's lots going on at the moment, but a perfect stranger lending me 30p to take my much needed post work Jack Daniels to a double; a memento which reminds me just how proud my parents are of me; the Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter and an unexpected parcel of chocolates from C R-B offered some sunshine on an otherwise grey week. 
I'm often in need of a little perspective as I get caught up in This Is My Life, but it's these little moments – not major, important, world-altering occasions – that go a long way to shaking off the woes of the world.
A few small things that help the earth spin!

3 Hungry Boys: This was the perfect antidote to the Sunday Night Blues. Great concept, they looked like they were having a great time AND they're great looking. P.E.R.F.E.C.T. television. Re-runs please.
I adore carousels. The sight and sound of these whimsical rides is enough to forget sore feet and slight hangovers  - as happened in Paris when I persuaded the girls that we HAD to stop and have a ride. 
Even though I'd like to say Daisy Lowe stole MY bangs and rockstar hair...
California Dreamin'
Because rockin' a white shirt and jeans makes getting dressed f***ing easy
Because driving - even a slow old tank like mine - is THE best
Dancing your face off. Whenever, wherever

Credit where credit's due: I'm sorry, none of these images are mine and they're rounded up from my numerous 'Inspiration' folders - it's like my own personal Pintrest. Sorry to not give the shout out.

No comments:

Post a Comment